Current Trip Map

Monday, October 12, 2009

Jambo!

I called mom this morning just to see if I could get her on the phone and to see if it would go through. To my surprise, both were true!

It was 2:00 PM when I got her (7:00 AM my time). They had been at a school in Kenya dropping off school supplies. She said it was so wonderful! The children were amazing!

Here is their day for tomorrow:
     *AM- Go to an elephant sanctuary to feed orphaned baby elephants.
     *AM to PM- Go on a SAFARI!!!!
     *PM- Go to a giraffe sanctuary to see the giraffes!

(How jealous am I you ask?)

Here are some words she has learned already in Swahili (the main language in Kenya):
      Jambo - means hello
      Hakuna Matata - mean no worry, or no problem (they really do use that phrase! It was not just made up
       for the Lion King)!!

She said they have TONS of pictures, and will have even more after tomorrow and will post them once they are back in Addis Ababa, as they left their computers there.

I do find it funny that I am the one posting all of this, while those two yahoos are off living this adventure! I think they will have to repay me with my own trip!

0 comments: