I actually called mom today, it was 11:00 PM in Kenya (payback for all of the 2 AM texts). They are doing great. They are seeing so many animals she can't even name them. They go on safari at 6 AM and have seen so much. She said her nose is so sun burned and is really peeling. Wally will be joining them in Kenya this weekend and will bring her computer, so she will try to post herself and add some picutres. She also said this morning they got to eat breakfast and drink champagne (though she and Kate did not) along side a lake of hippos! (Um, where do I sign up for this job?)
Here is the text I got this morning:
"Good morning!! Swahili vocabulary for today. Rafiki means friend. And sowa sowa (pronounced like sour without the r) means let's go, move along. And finally jumbo (more to the jam sound) means hello. I can hear a baby lion from my balcony today!"
(I think I need to rethink careers and meet this Paul person.)
Thursday, October 15, 2009
More from Kenya
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment